Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chaussures, chaussures, chaussures.

Follow my blog with bloglovin












You slip on your favorite pair of heels, walk out your door into the dazzling world just waiting for you.
As a great man once said, you are caught on video camera more than 20 times a day- do you look the part?
Fashion is an expression, a statement, a part of you. Shoes are the lead in the pencil, the blood pumping through the heart, the SIM card in the cell phone- they complete you. Without shoes, you are the girl with no love, the peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no peanut butter, the unripe mango and the chair with only two legs.
As you confidently stride down the sidewalk, your Balenciaga snuggled between your arm and body, and your Choos clacking against the concrete, heads turn, eyebrows are raised and nods of
approval are sent your way. You glance at your reflection in the facade of a boutique and give yourself a smile. You approve of yourself too. There's not a worry in the world. What's this feeling? Happiness. What's it from? The clack of your favorite pair of shoes and all the comfort in the world knowing that you are an inspiration to not only others, but yourself.


As a child, every summer my family would take me and my sister on vacations and we would travel the world. Paris, Venice, Australia, Rome, Germany, Belgium... you name it ! However, with these vacations came museums. Museums after museums after museums. From the Louvre to the National Smithsonian Institution, you couldn't name one museum I hadn't been to. With shame, I do admit that I was sick of them. Until one day I entered a mall, sparkled with lights and displays of purses, shoes and clothed mannequins. Walking into each designer's palace, I realized that the journey through each store was just like a walk through a museum. Valuables winked at me as I gushed over the beautiful designs. Every step brought another skipped heart beat and a gasp. My breath caught in my throat as I ignored the glaring sales people. Nothing could take my eyes from shoe after shoe, purse after purse, and outfit after outfit. I had never seen anything like this before. Ever since this day, the mention of museums has not brought a sigh, but a touch of curiousity.
I am truly grateful for my experiences thanks to Chanel, Prada and Escada. Nothing can take away the feeling of breathing in the scent of leather and perfume dancing with each other, happily parading over rows and rows of luxurious items. Nothing can take away the experience. Savour each moment as you would savor a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven. Eradicate all sighs and delete all regrets. The world is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment